Day 14: Fourth Elimination

The dreaded time has arrived once more for the ladies of this house: another elimination ceremony. But before Landon sends another girl packing, it looks like someone is trying to tie up some loose ends.



"Did you notice that Landon's been getting more muscular these days?" Bootsie asks.

"He does spend a lot of time at the home gym, and he probably has more time to do so on this show," Kate theorizes.



"Hey, you guys," Pricilla says as she approaches the two women. "Bootsie, do you mind if Kate and I talk somewhere private?"


"Oh, sure," Bootsie says. "I'll just go watch some TV, I guess."


Pricilla and Kate were completely silent as they walked to the dining room to talk.


"So...Landon and I got to talking on our date..." Pricilla begins.


"What do you want to say? That you and Landon had a great time and are so in love? Are you just rubbing it all in my face?" Kate asks with venomous undertones in her voice.


"Not exactly," Pricilla calmly retorts. "I just...wanted to say sorry for how I acted the other day."

"Well, that's something I didn't expect."

"You were right. I was acting like a brat, and you rightly called me out on it. It's just that I have a hard time managing my emotions because I'm not that mature."

"I see..."

"And I guess I kind of acted out after seeing you two like that after your date."


"Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous as well," Kate replies.

"You? Jealous?"

"I'm starting to feel things for Landon as well, so it's hard seeing him cozying up to the other girls. I know it's just part of the show, but it bothers me."

"I'm sorry, Kate. I never really had a normal childhood, so I'm a bit dysfunctional when it comes to love and all these grownup things. And all this time I never even thought about how all of you were feeling too. I've been selfish."

"It's fine. I guess I got caught up with my feelings for Landon that I didn't even stop to think how you were all feeling as well. I kind of just flaunted it around you guys, huh? That was a pretty crappy thing for me to do. I know we're becoming attached to Landon, so I now understand how it hurts seeing him with others."


"Kate, I don't want to leave this house with any negativity. And I might be gone today. So I hope this makes things okay..."

"Don't talk like that," Kate replies. "I think we all still have a chance. And if you ever need someone to talk to, you can come to me. I had a pretty difficult childhood too, just so you know. Maybe we're all just looking for something to help with all the hurt we've been through."

"I guess when you put it that way..."


Here we have Landon fresh from a morning bath. A little breakfast is in order for the man of the house.


"...so they pretty much just bad-mouthed each other all the time."

"That's terrible. There's no need to create a toxic environment around a child when the parents are already divorced."


Instead of approaching the girls, Landon decides to work out some more. Maybe he's trying to collect his thoughts for the elimination later?


"Kate," Ariella calls out.

"Morning, Ariella!"

"I'm a bit nervous about later."

"I think we all are. We just have to cross our fingers."

"It's just that I've never been on a date with Landon," Ariella says. "I feel like he might send me home since we're not as close."

"Dear," Bootsie begins. "I haven't been on a date either. And Kate's right. We just have to keep our fingers crossed."


Landon's having a little post-workout alcohol. I seriously hope these people don't develop drinking problems on this show.


"How do you feel?" Ariella asks.

"Nervous."

"Me too."

"I'm not sure if our last date went well. Maybe Landon was just being polite, and he didn't like what I told him."

"I think he enjoyed that date! Don't be silly! If anything, I'd say you have a good chance today."


The other girls decide to sweat out all their nervousness as noon approaches. Might as well preoccupy yourself instead of worrying too much.


"Landon! What are you doing sitting here by yourself?"

"I was just watching some TV. It looks like some of you are pretty busy right now."

"Nobody really wants to think about later, so I guess they're all keeping their minds off it as much as possible."

"Same goes for me, actually."


"I feel like I'm the only one not sweating it out right now," Ariella says.

"Oh, this? I just thought a little exercise would do the trick right now," Linda responds. "Now that you mention it, I could go for some juice right now. Do you want to head inside and get some?"

"Sure," Ariella replies.

"I'll pass," Pricilla says. "I'm just gonna shoot a few more."


Landon goes outside and spots Pri.

"Hey there!" Landon greets.

"Hi."

"So I hear you and Kate patched things up?"

"How did you know?"

"The walls aren't as thick as they seem."


"Yeah, we had a good talk, and we decided to let the best woman win."

"Are you hoping it will be you?" Landon playfully asks.

"Honestly, yeah. I'll try to act a bit more maturely, but I can't promise anything."

"Well, that's a start."


Today it looks like Landon picked a...unique outfit to wear. 


"Fancy hat, Landon."

"Thanks," Landon replies. "I usually wear it to costume parties, but I decided to put it on today to spice things up."


"Alright, ladies. You should be familiar with what happens now. Step up and claim your rose when your name is called."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Kate"


"Don't think I've forgotten about you. Will you take this rose and continue your journey with me?"




"Of course I will, Landon."


"Pri"


"This is to show that I'm not mad about what you said. Will you take it?"

"Yes, Landon. Thank you!"


"Linda"


"My exotic bejeweled princess. Who crushed it at karaoke. Will you accept this rose?"

"Yes, definitely!"


"Bootsie. Ariella. You've come this far on the show, and I feel like I've gotten to know you both quite a bit. Unfortunately, I must let one of you go today. As before, I didn't make this decision lightly. After much soul-searching..."





"Ariella"


"Will you take this last rose?"

"Yes. I was afraid you wouldn't ask."


"Bootsie, I'm sorry. Please take your check and place it in the fire."


The orange glow of the flames reveals an amount of 750,000 simoleons on the check, before all of it crumbles into ashes.


"I'm sorry it didn't work out Landon. I had so much fun these past two weeks, though."

"I did too, Bootsie. Maybe we can see each other once this ends. As friends?"


"Sure. No hard feelings, Landon."


"This is the part where I'd normally say that I'm sad to go, but honestly...I'm not. As much as I did like Landon, I understand that he thinks I'm not the one for him. And I'd be glad to step back if it means that someone as good as Kate would end up with the guy."

"I know that there's someone out there for me. It may not have happened today, but I have all the time in the world. And before I go, I just want to wish the remaining girls good luck."




"You may be wondering why I asked you ladies to sit down right now," Mac begins. "Well, I have a few important announcements to make."


"First, there won't be a challenge tomorrow. The remaining girls who didn't get dates the last time—that means you, Ariella and Kate—will get to go on one-on-one dates for the next two days."


"The other thing I want to tell you is that you have another chance to learn your cash prize on this show. For a price. Of course, Linda is exempt from this offer."


"If you want to know, you simply need to stand up. However, in doing so, your cash prize will be cut in half, and Landon will know about this. It's your choice, ladies."

---------------------------

I bet you didn't expect that, folks. We'll be revealing shortly what the girls have decided. Will any of them dare to do so? Find out after the break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Gilded Walls

House Tour

Day 21: Season Finale