Day 18: Fifth Elimination (Double Whammy)

Today holds another surprise for you guys. Not one, but two ladies will have to leave this house by the end of the day. The remaining two contestants will each go on one final date before the finale. Let's get started!



"Morning, Pri!"

"Morning."


"How are you feeling?" Landon thoughtfully asks.

"Kind of queasy."

"I'm not too hot myself. Normally I feel bad about eliminations, but today I have to let two of you go."


"Can't we all just stay here for a little while more? Or maybe you can just eliminate one person?"

"I'd love to, but the producers have everything planned out. No way they'd let that happen."


"Dreading this?" Kate asks.


"Oh, you bet. But have you seen the way Landon looks at you? There's no reason for you to be afraid today."


Today is going to be a tough decision for our bachelor, so he's going to his sacred thinking place.


I don't know what's going on inside his head. I guess punching a bag helps calm him down and make decisions. I hope he isn't thinking of the girls while he's doing that.


"I don't feel too good about my chances. I did get the last date after all," Ariella says.

"Don't be scared. Whatever happens, happens," Kate reassures her.


I don't know how she does it, folks. A back flip and she still manages to keep her hat on. Thing must be glued to her head.


And look who decided to join her.

"Hey, Landon! I'm just trying to calm myself before the elimination."

"Same here. It's still a few hours away anyway. I just need to cool myself down after a workout."


"If I'm being honest, I don't feel like I'll go on either," Kate admits.

"Don't say that! I'm sure you'll be one of Landon's picks," Ariella says.

"Well, no matter what happens, I want to commemorate the time I spent on this show. Do you want to take a selfie with me?"

"I'd love that, Kate."


"Hey, what about me? Can I join too?" Pricilla asks.


All this time, Landon's been mostly avoiding the ladies. Or are the ladies avoiding him?


And just to calm his nerves, Landon gets himself a drink right before the elimination. I hope he doesn't do something he'll regret later on.


"Well, this is it," Kate says.

"Time for us to get dressed," Pricilla continues.

"Good luck, everyone," Linda says.


Here we go again. 3:00 PM, the sacred hour. Landon gets himself ready, and tries to reflect on his choices.

"I guess there's no turning back now."



"Afternoon, ladies. As you know, only two of you will make it today. You've made it this far, but unfortunately, Landon must make his choice. I wanna wish y'all good luck."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Pri"


"It's been a while since our last date. I really missed you. Will you accept this as a token of my affection?"

"I will! I'll be glad to accept it."


"Kate. Ariella. Linda. Only one of you will receive a rose from me today. I had such a fantastic time with all of you, but my heart tells me one thing..."



"Kate"


"Will you take this, and continue our lovely time together on this show?"


"I...I can't, Landon. I'm so sorry!"

"...What? What are you saying, Kate?"

"It's just that...I can't put myself through this anymore. I love you, Landon, but I can't stand to see you with the other girls. I know that's how the show is supposed to work, but my heart can't take it. I try to keep it in whenever you're out with someone else, and it's tearing me apart inside," Kate says in between sobs.


"Kate, please tell me this isn't it. This...this can't be over for us, right?"

"I'm sorry," Kate gently whispers.

Landon stares at Kate for a minute, dumbfounded and unable to speak.


"I...I respect your decision, Kate. I really think we had a good chance. Thanks for helping me move forward in my life. I...I'll never forget you."

"I'll never forget you too, Landon. This is just something I have to do."


"Kate, you know the rules. Since you decided to forfeit your spot on this show, you'll have to burn your check in the fire."


As Kate burns her check, a measly amount of 1 simoleon becomes briefly visible before turning to ash. There's no doubt that Landon pursued Kate for love.


"Was it wrong for me to let go just like that? Should I have held on tighter? Only time will tell. But right now it's time for me to follow my heart and move forward. I've grown and learned so much on this show, and even if I didn't make it to the end, I'm very thankful for being given this chance. And I'm thankful to Landon for opening me to new experiences."




"That...that was completely unexpected," Mac solemnly says. "Ariella, Linda, I guess it's just you now."

"Hold on. Let me just think it through," Landon says, with a certain sadness in his voice.





"Ariella"


"I...I hope you don't mind. I know I picked Kate first, but..."

"It's okay, Landon. I'll take it."


"You know what this means, Linda. You'll have to forfeit your prize of 500,000 simoleons. Your journey with us, unfortunately, is over."


Linda already knew her prize, so it wasn't a shock when the flames revealed the amount of 500,000 simoleons on her check. All of it, gone in just a few seconds.


"I'm sorry it didn't work out, Linda."

"I am too. And I'm sorry about Kate. I was shocked when she left, but for a short while it gave me a glimmer of hope that you would pick me instead."


"Well, I hope we can still be friends after this."

"Oh, sure. I'll try to find you on social media and we can keep in touch."


"I felt like I was so close, only to have it all taken away from me. I guess Landon has made his choice, and it wasn't me. I had so much fun in this house, and at least I can look back on my experiences with fondness...and longing."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue: What Comes Next

Day 7: Second Elimination

House Tour