Day 4: First Elimination

Today is a special day for the contestants of For Love or Money.


It's the first elimination ceremony of the show, where one girl is sent off by the bachelor at 3 PM. Believe me when I say that things are pretty tense throughout the day.


Landon gets ready to start the day by having some breakfast.


Bootsie and Crystal decide to head to the backyard for some basketball and grilling.


"Hey, everyone," Landon greets.

"Oh, uh, hey, Landon."
"Hi."
"Morning."


Landon decides to have a morning run on the treadmill after breakfast. He's left in peace the entire time.


After that, he decides to wind down with a little television. Some of the ladies are in the kitchen and the dining area. Why does it seem like everyone's avoiding Landon today?


"Are you nervous?" Crystal asks.

"Oh, you bet," Kate answers.

"What if I have to leave?" Pricilla worries.

"I'm worried too," Bootsie claims.


Even as Landon decides to play basketball, the girls decide to practice dribbling from a distance.


Around noon, the ladies decide to convene in the living room.

"What's up, Bootsie?" Crystal greets.

"Hey, Crystal."


Landon, feeling sociable at this moment, decides approach the ladies.

"Hey, what are you talking about?"

"Oh, Linda was just telling me about this student she had in the past," Crystal replies.


"What about that student?" Landon inquires.

"You see, a few years ago, I had this 4th grader who seemed like he had this huge crush on me," Linda begins. "On Valentine's Day, he gave me this rose that he probably bought from some convenience store."

"Aww, that's sweet," Landon says.

"But get this. When I looked at the rose closely, it turned out it was one of those lingerie sets shaped like roses that were sold over the counter!"

"No way!" Crystal blurts out in amusement.

"He probably didn't know. I had to politely return the gift to him, but I let him know that I appreciated the thought nonetheless."


"Nice form, Bootsie."

"Thanks. I'm not much of a sports person myself, but since I'm here and we have this thing, I might as well see what all the fuss is about."

"And?"

"This is pretty fun, I can say."


And at last, the dreaded hour arrives. We can see Landon here getting ready for the ceremony in his stylish pink sweater. Of course, the girls aren't the only ones nervous, and Landon spends a few minutes calming himself down and deliberating on who to go.

"I hope I'm making the right choice..."



"Good afternoon, ladies. As you all know, not all of you can stay in this house for too long. Landon will be handing out roses to those who will get to say. The girl who doesn't receive a rose must pack her bags and leave, as well as burn her check in the fireplace."

"When Landon calls out your name, step forward and approach our bachelor."

Landon spends a minute looking over the women.

"Ladies," he begins. "I've had a lot of fun these past few days. But now we've come to this point in the show. I'm very sorry that I can't get to know all of you better. Please don't take it personally if you don't receive a rose this afternoon."

With that, Landon clears his throat.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Kate"


"I've enjoyed spending time to get to know you in the last few days. Will you take this rose as a token of my affection?"

"Absolutely!"


"Crystal"


"I think it's clear that we get along great. Will you accept this rose?"

"Yes!"


"Pricilla"


"My little jaw-dropping Ms. Pettit. Will you take this rose?"

"Of coursthe!"


"Rosetta"


"I think this little trinket here goes with your name. Will you accept it?"

"Yes!"


"Ariella"


"The Foosball Queen. Will you take this rose as a symbol of our ongoing rapport?"

"Oh, yes. So much."


"Bootsie"


"I hope this rose doesn't give you another rash. Are you willing to take that risk?"

"You bet!"


"Jeannie. Linda. I'm afraid I only have one rose left here with me. Whoever doesn't receive a rose will end their journey on this show."





"Linda"


"My metalhead gal. Will you take the last rose?"

"Oh yes, I thought you'd never ask!"


"I'm sorry, Jeannie. Here is the check for your supposed cash prize. Please drop it in the fireplace and pack your belongings."


Jeannie tosses her check in the fire. As the flames consume the thin sheet of paper, the fire reveals the amount written on the check in invisible ink: 50,000 simoleons.


"I'm sorry, Jeannie. I hope you don't take this personally. You're a great girl, but this is just something I have to do."

"I understand."


"I'm really upset that this is all over so soon. But at least I made it this far, and I did have a lot of fun meeting Landon and all the other girls in this very nice house."

"I wish Landon and the other women the very best. I hope they do find what they're looking for on this show, even if I didn't."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Gilded Walls

House Tour

Day 21: Season Finale