Epilogue: What Comes Next


Jeannie's stint on For Love or Money was very brief, but what little exposure she got brought attention to her fashion blog. She leveraged this to gain more followers, as well as a few sponsorships from a couple of brands she's fond of. Using donations from her followers and sponsors, she was able to take a trip to the Champs-Elysées in Paris and blog about the latest fashions found in the shops.


Rosetta finally decided to get her life together and enrolled in community college to learn a trade. When Kate learned of her plight, she offered her a spot in Tate's Crew, where Rosetta helped plant trees across San Myshuno. In return, Tate's Crew covered Rosetta's tuition costs, eliminating the need for scholarships and student loans.


Crystal was able to finish her pre-medicine training, and soon finished med school. She was able to make new friends in SimCity General, where she built a successful career as a doctor. She was also able to see her brother Daniel when he went on leave, telling him of her experiences on the show.


Bootsie began to work hard and saved up a lot of money after leaving the show. After some time, she took a 6-month unpaid sabbatical to tour across Europe, experiencing new sights and sounds, as well as collecting whatever shiny rock comes across her way.


Derrick kept in touch with some of the girls on the show, mostly Pricilla and Linda. They're known to be good friends nowadays, and rumor has it that he's dating one of them. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen.


Shortly after the finale...



"Kate!" Landon happily calls out. "It's nice seeing you here."


"Landon!" Kate replies with equal happiness. "What are you doing here in San Myshuno?"


"I was visiting Derrick for a few days. He got a new job and a new apartment, so I celebrated with him and helped him move some stuff. I missed you at the finale! Bootsie, Linda, and Crystal were there, and we did a little catching up. Jeannie intended to go too, but she had to cancel at the last minute."


"I'm sorry about that, Landon," Kate apologizes. "It has nothing to do with me leaving the show voluntarily. I couldn't go because of a family emergency. We had to take my dad to the hospital, but he's stable now. We're just filling out the paperwork for insurance and stuff before he gets discharged in a week."

"Well, that's great! I really missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Well, I'll still be staying in the city for a few more days," Landon continues. "Do you want to maybe grab a bite or see a show sometime?"

"I would love that."

"Awesome. Saturday sound good, around 6 PM? Let's meet up at that new cafe over at Landgraab street."

"Sounds great. I'll see you then."


"See you then," Landon says as he jogs away.


Some time after the finale...

"Here we are, Ari. You excited?"

"More hungry, really. Let's go!" Ariella says while giggling.


"Remember the first time we ate here? That was our first official date," Landon recounts.

"How can I forget? It was a very special day in my life," Ariella replies.


"Of course," she continues, "This time there isn't a camera crew following us around, so at least we can eat in peace!"

"Yeah, that's a relief," Landon says.


"So what are we having?" Ariella asks. "I think we should both get the Meloire."

"Agreed."

"And as for me, I'm in the mood for trout. What about you?"

"I think I'll have the cioppino," Landon says.

"Sounds good. Waiter?"


Landon and Ariella begin to dictate their orders to the waiter and wait eagerly for their food to arrive.


Landon takes a sip of the Meloire once it arrives.

"Oh, this is great stuff. You should try it, Ari."


Ariella takes a sip in turn.

"You're right! There's a certain sweetness to it. But it's still not as sweet as you, Landon."


Landon chuckles and blows her a kiss.

"Happy anniversary, babe. Can you believe it's been that long since I asked you to be my girlfriend that night?"

"I can hardly believe it myself," Ariella says. "That evening felt so surreal, but here I am still in front of you, and we're still together."


After lunch, the two head out to the balcony where they shared their first kiss back on the show. They start talking, reminiscing, while staring out into the sea.

Landon then takes Ariella aside and looks into her eyes.

"I love you, Ariella."

"I love you too, Landon."

They lean in for a kiss as the sky behind them turns a vibrant orange, signifying the day's transition into late afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13: Gilded Walls

House Tour

Day 21: Season Finale